Council and commitee
Council and commitee
According to the Statutes for Aalborg University, the Academic Council is responsible for developing and maintaining a high academic standard at the faculty. This includes advising the dean on academic issues presented by the dean, and commenting on academic issues of significance to faculty activities that the council considers relevant. In addition, according to the Statutes, the Academic Council is tasked with the following:
- advise the dean on strategic issues related to the faculty
- advise the dean on the faculty budget and budget principles
- advise the dean on key strategic areas relating to research and education, and on plans for knowledge exchange
- advise the dean on quality assurance and development of the faculty’s research environment, degree programmes, PhD programmes and research-based teaching
- upon recommendation of the dean, approve the composition of assessment committees for the assessment of applicants for scientific positions as well as to advise the dean on principles for this
- upon recommendation of the dean, approve the composition of assessment committees for the assessment of candidates for the titles of honorary professor and honorary[LI1] associate professor as well as to advise the dean of principles for this
- award PhD and higher doctoral degrees
- establish guidelines for the promotion of good scientific practice.
Information and Consultation Committee at the Technical Faculty of IT and Design.
The Faculty’s Information and Consultation Committee (FSU) is part of the cooperative organization at AAU. Above FSU is the central consultation committee, and below FSU are the local, departmental consultation committees. FSU deals with issues that belong on the faculty level.
The job of the consultation committee is to ensure good cooperation between management and staff.
Through a high level of mutual information sharing and ongoing dialogue, the consultation committee must define the overall framework and guidelines for work and personnel issues. The basis for the work of the consultation committee is stipulated in the agreement on consultation committees.