the research profile
In order to be accepted on the programme, students must send a letter of motivation, including the following:
- Commitment to contribute an extraordinary effort, including extra time
- Thoughts on which competences the student already possesses and which competences he or she still lacks
- Diploma (if any)
- Name and contact information of supervisor
Normally it will take an average of 10, but applications will be assessed as a whole. Interviews will be held if necessary.
All applications are evaluated according to the above criteria by a committee. The latter consists of chosen members from AAU who are especially qualified to assess a student’s innovative or entrepreneurial potential. The committee members are nominated by the Dean of the Faculty of IT and Design for a period of two years. The pro-dean is ex officio member and chairman:
- Jakob Stoustrup, Vice Dean, Education, TECH (chairman)
- Luis Emilio Bruni, Associate Professor, Deparment of Architecture, Design and Media Technology
- Torben Bach Pedersen, Professor, Department of Computer Science
- Poul Alberg Østergaard, Professor, Department of Planning
- Søren Holdt Jensen, Department of Electronic Systems
- Mikael B. Skov (Coordinator of the programme)
There is no requirement for minimum number of participants to run the program, but the program has a maximum of no more than 12 students per year. The committee’s decision is final.
Next Application deadline is 20th September 2019. There is one annual take-in.
In October, you and your supervisor(s) are informed about the outcome of your application.